waiting for the les mis bway announcement more like [enjolras voice] tHE TIME IS NEAR SO NEAR ITS STIRRING THE BLOOD IN THEIR VEINS
if english isn’t your first language but you think and dream in english and sometimes have to mentally translate from english to your first language when speaking it as a consequence of your consistent exposure to the internet clap your hands
I really love the music for the individual transformations. It’s very different from other magical girl shows but in a good way. I wouldn’t mind a MG series that used more hip hop, dance music, etc.
The Cat Sorcerer that was featured in this years Velocity 4 Anthology. I drew the panels and Steven Prouse wrote the story.
in movies, whenever a hot guy fake-flirts with an “ugly” girl and she gets all flustered, it’s intended to be a funny joke and make u think the girl is pathetic for believing such an attractive man could be interested in her. ur supposed to hate the girl.
but whenever a hot girl fake-flirts with an ugly guy and he gets all flustered, it’s intended to make u feel bad for the guy and think the girl is a Bitch. ur supposed to hate the girl.
ur always supposed to hate the girl.
This example of misogyny is caused by faulty “point-of-view”. As long as you take the man’s point-of-view, that will be your reaction. Many stories assume it to be the DEFAULT point-of view. Here’s a little hint: it’s not. Half (or more) of your audience are women. Ask yourself: What will they think? Whose shoes will they be standing in? Write accordingly.
Hello everyone! So I recently hit 600 followers and am now making a decent income (and have a little extra cash after my birthday) so I thought, “Hey, why the hell not, let’s be nice to someone! So I’m doing a Steam giveaway at random selection in which I will give a steam game to you absolutely free!
First I have to talk about the rules of this giveaway!
- NO GIVEAWAY BLOGS OR SIDEBLOGS I WILL BE CHECKING TRUST ME
- You must be following me! This is really a giveaway for my followers
- REBLOG AND LIKE THIS POST to be entered. YOU MUST LIKE AND REBLOG IT OR I WILL NOT COUNT YOU
- The winner will be chosen via random number generator based off of your number in the notes!
- The winner will be contacted immediately after the drawing. The winner will then have 48 hours exactly to respond or I will pick someone else.
- I will buy you any game of your choice within a $50 limit, but you ARE allowed to bargain with me for things such as DLC’s, LOW-COST bundles (like 3 games in one), etc.
- IMPORTANT: I WILL ONLY BUY YOU A PRE-ORDER IF YOU CAN GET SOMETHING FOR ME IN RETURN THAT’S AROUND $10-15 BECAUSE ALL PRE-ORDERS ARE $60
- You MUST be comfortable with giving me your Steam ID to be friends, but I will remove you after the transaction is complete.
- Even if you don’t have a Steam or don’t want a chance to win, please reblog without liking to spread the word to someone who might!
- The giveaway date is going to be either September 20th, 2014 or whenever this gets too many notes for me to handle (don’t worry, I’ll let you all know when I’m going to end it.)
GOOD LUCK AND THANK YOU!!
Guys if this giveaway doesn’t at least get 1000 notes I can’t do it :/
This three-legged decorated war hero had one leg lost to surgery after taking four rounds from an AK-47.
Bad. Mother. Fucker.
Those eyes say “Pretend to throw the tennis ball. I dare you to only pretend.”
I think those eyes say a lot more than that. He’s seen more than I ever will, done more than I’ll ever do, and his war will never be over.He’s got Ranger scrolls on his collar. That dog is a god damn hero.
I just noticed the Purple Heart and that Scroll.
Wow. Just wow.
The picture alone, in all it’s detail says a lot of things. god damn.
I can’t not reblog this dog… his you
Eyes say so much
I’ve never seen a dog with such a face like that. Like an old man who went to war and if you ask him about he just stiffens up and face turns to stone.
Layka is a lady dog. Let’s remember that.
Now, it’s an understandable problem - our socialization instantly encourages us to see this rugged, sleek, military animal as a male. Three-legged hero dog with military decorations and stern-appearing eyes? TOTALLY A DUDE DOG, JUST LOOK AT HIM. It’s a programmed response, and nothing to be ashamed of - let’s just be accurate and note that Layka’s a female.
I’ve highlighted all the reblogs above where Layka is described as a hero, an old man, with male pronouns - rather than the fierce, charming heroine she is. It’s kind of a teachable moment: how does an image of an animal, displaying absolutely no secondary sex characteristics, instantly give us these fictional headcanons about its gender and gender performance? It’s an impressive demonstration of our ability to translate body language.
The photographer who took this compelling shot noted that Layka’s playful, bouncy energy made it nearly impossible for him to get a shot with her mouth closed! He ended up having to stop using the tennis ball he was using to get her attention, because it made her too excited and smiley. Based on the photos below, I think she’d have quite a sense of humor about the “where’s the tennis ball?” game!
Of course, the photographer did end up connecting with a fundamental aspect of Layka’s nature in the cover photo; her serious, soldier side. But that’s not all the animal is. Does the dog in the unused shots still resemble an “old man?” Is the dog in the unused shots male or female? Is it still a hero with its tongue out? Is it still admirable without a “face like stone?”
This is what I mean when I say that we have to examine the lenses of culture and society that we are always, always looking through when we talk about science biology.